Nominations and Voting
2015-2016 Reading Lists
Primary Selections: VRC Primary.2015-16
Elementary Selections: VRC Elementary.2015-16
Middle School Selections:VRC Middle.2015-16.rev
High School Selections: VRC High School.2015-16
2014-2015 Reading Lists
Primary Selections: PDF
Elementary Selections: PDF
Middle School Selections: PDF
High School Selections: PDF
2014-2015 VRC Bookmarks
Middle School Bookmark
High School Bookmark
NOMINATE AND VOTE
The process to vote for the Virginia Readers’ Choice has changed. Click on the link below and complete the information about your school, including total school enrollment, and provide the votes for each list. Be sure to continue through all the lists and click the SUBMIT button. All ballots are due by April 15, 2017. Contact Tracy Schwandt-Hardley at email@example.com with any questions. The Google Form containing the ballot can be accessed here.
Please click https://goo.gl/forms/2pLKAZ0OAUV8Q1bv1 to access the form to nominate a book for the Virginia Readers’ Choice program.
Need some ideas for implementing the Virginia Readers’ Choice Program at your school? Here’s a calendar to help guide you through the voting process.
- Order enough copies of the books you will need for next year’s program.
LATE SPRING AND SUMMER
- Include VRC titles on summer reading lists.
- Check out VRC books to teachers over the summer.
- Start the program as soon as possible. Develop creative ways of introducing the books including bulletin boards, display cases, video tapes, or audio tapes.
- Shelve/display the VRC books in a special area of the library. Special check-out procedures may be needed.
- Make sure the students are aware of the rules and procedures as well as the nominated titles and authors.
- Discuss possible sources for obtaining the books – school library, public library, book fairs, or local book stores.
- Highlight these books at your book fair.
- Decide if you are going to require any written or verbal proof that the student has read the books he/she claims to have read. Do keep in mind that the program’s primary goal is to promote reading for pleasure.
- Determine and announce the date for voting in your school.
- Tally the ballots and announce the results in your school.
- Submit your school votes BY APRIL 15 to the link above that goes to the new voting form.
- One voting tally per school.
- Encourage your librarian, teachers, or students to recommend books for future lists!
- Encourage students, teachers, and librarians to nominate titles they would like the committee to consider for future lists. Submit these suggestions to the Virginia Readers’ Choice Co-Chairs.
- Print out a certificate for anyone who voted!
- Winning titles will be announced after May 15th via VSRA.org…bookmark this site and watch for the results!
- You may do a variety of things in your school to recognize the event. you could design and award certificates to participants, create bookmarks with the winning titles, design displays, etc. Use your creativity to mark the event!